WSRC Slogan

We're Here,
We're Organized,
We're on the Move!

About Us Links

History       ~       Executive Committee      

History of the West Side republican Club

Old West Side Republican Club

Our History

The West Side Republican Club has been around since 1898,  located at 2307 Broadway.  In 1941, it was incorporated and named the West Side Republican Club, Inc.

In 2002, West Side Republican Club officially became the Morrison Parker Westside Republican Club, Inc. to honor Morrison Parker and his efforts as a community leader and president of the district’s local Republican club. Subsequently, the name was changed to the Gertrude and Morrison Parker West Side Republican to honor the deceased matriarch and patriarch of West Side Republicans.

Morrison Parker was a stockbroker and Republican district leader until his death at the age of 81 while still serving as a district leader of the 67th AD. Morrison was born in Manhattan and graduated City College, CUNY.  He and his wife Gertrude were life-long West Side residents.

Gertrude Parker served New York ’s Republican Party as executive secretary of the New York Republican County Committee and active West Side Club and party member, she and Morrison supported our candidates, our community, and strived for a better quality of life for Upper West Side residents. Ms. Parker was a outstanding community leader.

The club expanded in 2015 and now includes the 75th AD which runs approximately from 14th Street to 72nd Street from the Hudson River to Fifth Avenue.